I just filed a bug, and feel the following JIRA fields’ settings could be improved:
- Affects Version/s
The Contributor’s portal has basic instructions (see https://pbspro.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PBSPro/How+to+File+Bugs+and+Feature+Requests+Against+PBS+Pro), but the actual choices provided for these fields are not explained, and some were not obvious to me.
In the Affects Version/s field:
- There is a heading “Unreleased Versions” that displays in bold – I believe 14.0.0 and 14.1.0 are released, so that heading is misleading.
- “15.0.0” should be changed to “17.0.0” to reflect the change in version numbering as per the Roadmap (i.e., 17 for 2017)
- I’m not sure what “13.0.800.OSS” is… can it simply be removed?
In the Component/s field:
- There are a few components that appear unrelated to the PBS Pro Open Source project, and could probably be removed, i.e., “Build Environment” (or at least the pop-up description seems wrong) and “Perforce Management”.
- Some seem like duplicates of others and I suggest merging them, e.g.,
- Installation, Installers, Packaging
- Scheduler, Scheduling
- Mostly, it would be really helpful to have better descriptions of the components (both in pop-ups and on the Contributor’s Portal page), as I wasn’t sure which one to use for the bug I filed for a warning produced by a spurious extra whitespace in a Makefile.am that autotools processes during the building of PBS Pro from source.