This is a proposal (based on community feedback) to make the following changes to the contribution process to make it simpler and easier:
- Move from Jira to Github for issue tracking
- Migrate from Confluence to Github pages for Design documents
- Remove the requirement to have commit signatures (signed commits)
- Replace the checklist in the pull request (PR) with a pointer to the guidelines
- Have maintainers squash, rebase and merge after code reviews pass (eliminating a sometimes iterative hassle for contributors)
Please use this Topic to provide your feedback (positive or negative).
Once community consensus is reached, we will “make it so”.