This is a proposal (based on community feedback) to make the following changes to the contribution process to make it simpler and easier:
1. Move from Jira to Github for issue tracking
2. Migrate from Confluence to Github pages for Design documents
3. Remove the requirement to have commit signatures (signed commits)
4. Replace the checklist in the pull request (PR) with a pointer to the guidelines
5. Have maintainers squash, rebase and merge after code reviews pass (eliminating a sometimes iterative hassle for contributors)
Please use this Topic to provide your feedback (positive or negative).
Once community consensus is reached, we will “make it so”.