Hi Varun, a few comments:
1) Currently the EDD is written to sound like there is only ever 1 server_dyn_res script ("THE server_dyn_res" is written twice, but I think it should be "A server_dyn_res").
2) Related to 1), the EDD should be explicit about whether this timeout applies to ALL server_dyn_res scripts together, or EACH server_dyn_res individually.
3) The EDD should be explicit about how the resources related to a timed out script run is treated in the cycle in which it timed out. Does the cycle continue normally but the value of that resource is assumed to be 0?
4) Related to 3), assuming the timed out resource value is treated as 0 for that cycle, the log message in interface 2 should be explicit about this. That is not necessary, though, if in this scenario the log will contain something like these current messages in addition to the new message in interface 2:
05/17/2017 09:54:07;0080;pbs_sched;Svr;server_dyn_res;Error piping to program /bin/get_foo.
05/17/2017 09:54:07;0100;pbs_sched;Svr;server_dyn_res;/bin/get_foo = 0
If those messages will be printed upon timeout in addition to the new one in interface 2 I think the EDD should be explicit about it.
5) I am not sure I like the name in interface 1. I like the simpler "server_dyn_res_timeout" better, or maybe "server_dyn_res_alarm". Did you insert the "prog" to try to make it clearer that the timeout applies to each individual script/program? I think if the EDD and docs are explicit about this then the simpler attribute name is better.