- Project is a way to categorise jobs independently of users or groups.
- Project can be a key for accounting resources consumed, by a project or reservation.
- Each reservation can belong to at most one project.
- Jobs within the reservation will not automatically inherit the reservations project tag. The tag for jobs in the reservation has to be explicity requested using the -P option.
- Projects are not tied to users or groups.
- Type String. Can contain any characters except for the following: Slash ("/"), left bracket ("["), right bracket ("]"), double quote ("""), semicolon (";"), colon (":"), vertical bar ("|"), left angle bracket ("<"), right angle bracket (">"), plus ("+"), comma (","), question mark ("?"), and asterisk ("*").
- Access to the attribute from server hooks.
- Usage - pbs_rsub -P <project-name
Proposed Solution :
The proposed solution aims at making use of the already present project attribute in pbs_ifl and registering it to reservations by editing the reservation attribute XML. We then make changes accordingly to the reservation header file and add a link between the job and reservation project attribute. This attribute is available only to the server and is not a scheduler attribute.
Please suggest any changes or an alternate approach if needed.